Skip to main content

Substitute Teachers

Substitute Teachers

In order to substitute teach for Manhattan-Ogden USD 383, you must hold a valid Kansas Teaching License or a valid Emergency Substitute License.  Please visit our website to complete an online application. Once you have completed the online application, and it has been reviewed, you will be contacted to attend New Employee Orientation and complete additional paperwork including a background check.  If you have questions, please be sure to contact our office. 785-587-2000 Ext 1835.



You can now complete finger printing in the HR office. We will send all required documents to KSDE.

  1. What to bring
    • 1 form of picture ID
  2. What we will mail
    • Finger printing card                      
    • Waiver agreement
    • $50 check or money order, made payable to KSDE (Price increase July 2024)
  3. Next Steps for Licensure

Please contact Alesia Bittner (785-587-2000 Ext. 1832) in HR to schedule an appointment to have finger prints completed, we will provide the waiver and finger print card. This appointment will take about 20 minutes.